October 19, 2011

Fall Fling 2011 (Part 2)

Now I'm here to tell you all about my favorite parts of Fall Fling! (plus some more pictures) 

Here are some of my favorite things about this weekend.
1. The cabin I stayed in. Plus the girls I shared it with were really fun and we made a lot of memories!

2. All the time we got to hang outside, take walks, and just be in God's beautfiul creation. I will say though.. it was freezing! (Especially when you decide to throw on flip-flops at night)

3. Our amazing youth pastor who had a blast, no matter how much we drove him crazy! :)

4. The flag football tournaments that we played in!! I was super fun and we all played really well together.

5. When I played 500 (football game) with the guys after dinner one day. Sure one of my fingers swelled up, I ended up on the ground more than once, and I didn't throw the ball correctly every time but it was FUN!
6. Our speaker for the weekend! His name was Daniel Wallace, but we all called him Ambush... Or as he told us - Amboooosh :)
7. In chapel on Saturday night we got glow sticks, and had a blast with sticking them in our hair and whatever else. Then afterwards a part of our group just hung out and played with them in the dark. It was a really fun night!
8. The car rides... Yes even though they were loud and crazy and we were a bit squished it was entertaining!

9. The Bible verses that we got to learn - I think Ambush said them about 3 times or more every single time in chapel. But they stuck with us and we learned a lot.
10. I'd have to say my very favorite part would have to be the memories I made - because those are the little things that I will never forget.

No matter what happens those memories will always be there. Fall Fling will always be my favorite and I always wish the weekend was longer. It's such a blast! 

The verses we learned were:
~ 1 Peter 1:6-7
~James 1:2-4
~Romans 1:1-5

Thank you Jesus for this great opportunity to learn more about you and to grow more spiritually!
~Michlyn

No comments: