July 17, 2015

Change

Hey everyone! 

Phew it's been quite a while since I've been able to sit down and actually get my fingers to type words. I meant to get a couple posts out weeks ago, but you know how life is and priorities get straightened out. So blogging unfortunately is at the bottom of my to-do list these days leaving this blog empty.

I can't tell you guys how much it means to me that people take the time out of their day to read about my crazy life, deep life moments, and the fun I have along the way. This time in my life has shown me how incredibly grateful I am for everyone and everything around me. For the people that came to my grad party, for my family who has helped me get closer to my dreams and supported me, my best friends for making me laugh on days when I most need it, for blogger friends that encourage me from thousands of miles away, and my Jesus that oversees my life and knows what's coming next even when I don't.

Lately, I've been struggling with a great deal of nerves and anxiousness about the changes in my life. In exactly one month I'll move onto my college campus - living away from my family (longer than a few days) for the first time. I've been so so excited throughout the past year to be going to my dream school and getting to pursue teaching - something I've wanted to do since I was 9 yrs old. But just as the countdown gets lower and lower, my heart starts beating faster and faster. Don't get me wrong, I'm still very excited but I just think expecting the unexpected is a little hard right now.

The day after I move out, I'll also be trying out for UNW's varsity volleyball team. Whether it means I make the team or it's not for me - it will be ok. I know that I'd like to give it a shot and try my best instead of not trying at all. But I think those 48 hours of complete change will be very hard but also very rewarding and I can't wait to see what God has in store for my future as an Eagle.

Otherwise, if you're wondering how my summer has been going so far - it's been wonderful! I've been trying to see my friends as much as possible, before we go our different ways and enjoying each day. Trying to help my family juggle our busy schedules and also soaking in the time with them before I leave. I'm working 2 jobs this summer to try and save a little money for college expenses in the fall but also to have a little fun too.

As you can see, I haven't really had the words (or time) to say what's on my mind but I hope this post finds all my followers well and enjoying the summer. If you're in my boat - just know you're not alone! Being nervous about college is normal but also stay excited - you never know what the future will hold.

xoxo,
~Michlyn

No comments: