February 8, 2012

A Relaxing/Wedding/Super Bowl Weekend

Last weekend was so much fun! As most of you know, and especially for you football fans it was Super Bowl weekend! :)

Let me start from the beginning...

Friday
We had school on Friday, and a 5 day week wore. me. out. I was happy for the long week to be over (we usually only have 4 day weeks at our school) and to be able to relax. I didn't touch my homework, and was probably on the computer, TV, or my iPod for the rest of the night. I was also happy that I could stay up late, and not have to wake up early the next morning.


Saturday
Beka's cousin, Sarah got married on Saturday! I came because I was going to be watching some little girls, but they ended up not needing me. So it was a blast hanging out with Beka the rest of the night. The ceremony was beautiful, and you could tell that the groom was very nervous. At the end of the ceremony, Sarah danced down the aisle and gave a little shout when she was at the end! The reception was next, and that was probably the most fun. We ate, had a lot of kitty cocktails, and danced a ton!! SO MUCH FUN! Congrats to Blake and Sarah!

Beka and I right before we left

Our place mats at the wedding

Blake and Sarah's first dance as husband and wife! :)

Sarah and Beka

Sunday
Since we didn't get to bed until about 2:30 am after the wedding, Beka and I were extremely tired in the morning. From all the dancing, food, and fun we did not want to get up the next morning for church. We did eventually get up, got ready on time (amazing!), and helped out in the church nursery where we were needed. After the second service, Erin, Beka, and I stayed with a few other youth and adults to help for our Valentine's Dinner. We started making raviolles for the main dish, and others started making desserts. We did that for about 4 hours, and then came back for the Super Bowl Party. IT WAS A BLAST! Watched some of the game, ate some more food, played games, laughed a lot, and danced. The New York Giants took home the victory this year!

Beka and I

Playing basketball in the dark

 Some of it, turned into a dance party! 

Hope everyone else had a good weekend!
~Michlyn

2 comments:

Brittany Gilbarte said...

Sounds fun/tiring:)

Michlyn said...

It was definitely a VERY FUN weekend, but yes tiring too! :)

~Michlyn