March 3, 2012

An Update on School


I know I used to talk about school a lot. In the very beginning of starting this blog, I was just about to start high school - I had been home-schooled for the past 2 years - And it was a new school I had not attended before. So I wanted to document about the beginning of that scary transition.

I only knew a few people who went to that school (including my sister and brother), and so I didn't have very many friends. It's a small school and I was definitely looking forward to that. 

So after 6 months of going to my school - I LOVE IT! I've made many many friends, the homework is unbelievable (but manageable), my teachers are all really nice, I have good grades, and much more!

There are a couple projects coming up, that include presenting in front of the class... Which I strongly dislike. I really don't like speaking or acting in front of people. Small crowds or big crowds. So there is always that time and preparation for projects.

I am also in Choir. I like to sing - not very good at it, but I like to. You learn so much more about songs, their meanings, and how to do your best at singing any song in general. So in the beginning of the year, our choir teacher announced that there would be a choir/band trip to Chicago! This was pretty exciting, but being a new student and not knowing too many people I wasn't sure if I wanted to go. After talking to my parents, and working a few things out I said I wanted to go. Our choir has made it through the holiday performance, and now we're practicing for our Spring & Chicago shows. Long story short, I'll be Chicago bound in 2 weeks! :)

My other classes are going great, and we're about 2 months into our second semester. I'm keeping up with my grades, and I really love school.

How's school going for all of you?
~Michlyn

3 comments:

Brittany Gilbarte said...

All my school is homework:) Well, school is going pretty well for me. I like it.. for the most part.

Michlyn said...

You homeschool right Brittany? I loved homeschooling! So much flexibility, and independence. I want to be an elementary teacher, so it was really good for me. Glad it's going good!

~Michlyn

Brittany Gilbarte said...

Yep, I'm homeschooled and i LOVE it! We're hoping to bring home my African siblings near the end of this summer, so I'm doing school through summer 'break'.
Being an elementary teacher sounds fun. I'd like to homeschool my kids someday, so i guess i'd be teacher as well:)